(1) to research and gather information pertaining to the First Government House Site and its uses (hereinafter referred to as "the Site").
(2) to encourage, sponsor, promote, assist and aid others not being members of the Friends to research and gather information pertaining to the Site and its uses.
(3) to disseminate information concerning the Site and its uses.
(4) to broadcast, publish, hold meetings and lectures and to do all other things necessary and incidental to encourage the growth of information pertaining to the Site and its uses and to educate others accordingly.
(5) to provide a vehicle for the education of the public as to the historical, social, cultural, aesthetic and scientific importance of the Site and its uses.
(6) to facilitate the interpretation of the Site and of its uses through encouraging research, discussion and education.
(7) to promote and disseminate works of art, literature, archaeological antiquity or historical importance and which pertain to the Site and its uses.
(8) to assist in fund-raising, supporting, providing assistance or otherwise aiding museums, libraries or other educational facilities or to be engaged in displays, research or educational activities pertaining to the Site and its uses.
(9) to encourage and promote the preservation and interpretation of the site and remains of the First Government House, Sydney, and its associated buildings and uses.
(10) to do all things necessary, desirable or incidental to the promotion of these objects.